What is NeuroCentrix?
NeuroCentrix is a private neuroscience facility dedicated to evidence-based assessment, treatment and research of memory and mood disorders.
Our memory and mood clinics provide evidence-based assessment and treatment plans for Alzheimer’s Disease and depression.
Our TMS (Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) therapy offers a non-invasive treatment for major depressive disorders.
We conduct Phase II to Phase IV pharmaceutical sponsored trials, investigator-initiated research and collaborative group studies in neurological disorders.
Potential New Treatments For Alzheimer's Disease and Depression
For people with mild Alzheimer’s Disease
For people with depression
Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)
Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS) is a recognised treatment for depression and other neurological conditions.
Clinical studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of TMS in the treatment of depression, particularly in patients who have not responded well to anti-depressant medication.
TMS is a non-invasive treatment delivered by an external magnetic coil placed above the head. The coil sends repetitive electromagnetic pulses to stimulate neuron activity in specific surface areas of the brain that regulate mood.
TMS is an approved treatment for depression in Australia, Canada, the United States and the United Kingdom.
I Feel Distressed and Need Urgent Help
NeuroCentrix does not provide an emergency or an immediate response service. If you are feeling suicidal or in a crisis, please seek help immediately.
If you are in Australia please call:
- Triple Zero (tap to dial 000) in an Emergency
- Lifeline (tap to dial 13 11 14)
- Suicide Call Back Service (tap to dial 1300 659 467)
Please note that, for your own safety, if you tell us that you intend to commit suicide we have an obligation to inform the police.
Emergency assessment for mental health problems is available at all major hospitals 24 hours a day. This can be accessed though the local emergency department directly or by ringing the emergency department triage nurse.
Other helpful sources of information about anxiety and depression include:
In the current climate of containing the COVID-19 virus, NeuroCentrix is working proactively to provide a safe environment for all visitors and staff.
The key points of our protocol are:
- A COVID-19 risk questionnaire will be conducted by telephone the day before all appointments for all visitors.
- The number of staff you come into contact with at your appointment will be kept to essential staff only.
- All staff and visitors will have their temperature taken on entry to Neurocentrix and if 37.5 C or above will be asked to leave and call their GP.
- As much as possible consultations will be done via video conferencing at a mutually acceptable time.
- You will not need to sit in the general waiting room but will be shown into a private consulting room and seen immediately.
- Gowns, gloves and masks will be worn for examinations and procedures that require physical contact for the protection of patients and staff.
- All surfaces and equipment will be thoroughly cleaned after each use.
All of our staff are happy to discuss our COVID-19 procedures with you in more detail.